Leadership and Enrichment
In the Sixth Form, we operate a prefect system adding roles and responsibilities to cover a wider variety of subjects within the school.
Ten members of the Sixth Form make up our Sixth Form Student Leadership Team and hold the following positions of responsibility.
- Head Boy
- Head Girl
- Deputy Head Boy
- Deputy Head Girl
- Heads of House (2 for each house - Turing/ Attenborough/ Dickens/ Elizabeth)
The current leadership team comprises Head Girl Sophie Fenton, Head Boy Filip Domarzcuk and Deputies Alexandra Greenwood and Issy Urquhart.
All students will use one period a week to work in a leadership role across the school. This activity should enhance their student passport profile as it will help their own development and provide evidence to show they have acted as role models and young leaders who may have changed and shaped the lives of others at Christ’s.
A key component of our vision for the Sixth Form is that students should play a strong part in the school community. Students will sign up to a leadership activity of their choice, these could include:
- KS3 student support in a subject lesson of their choice
- Leading a sports club
- Coaching and managing a sports team
- Leading or being involved with a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Maths) club
- Leading a house in a drama competition
- A position on the Sixth Form student council
- Supporting reading in Year 7
- Lunchtime support duties (students will receive a free lunch voucher)
- Contributing to school newsletter/sixth form newsletter
- Admin support/ paid jobs within the school
As part of our enrichment programme, all students have Wednesday afternoons free for dedicated enrichment activities. During an enrichment planning session at the beginning of the year, students must sign up for at least one activity and more if they wish. This will form part of their personal statement when applying for university. We welcome suggestions from students who might wish to set up their own enrichment project. POtential activities include:
- Duke of Edinburgh (Silver and Gold Awards)
- Debating Society
- Community Arts Project
- Extended project qualification
- Drama Performance
- Community sports leadership award
- Referee/ officiating courses in football/ netball/ basketball/ rugby
- Core sports offered throughout the year managed by the sports ambassador.
There will be both compulsory and optional sixth form enrichment activities at London based events, at local schools in the borough and hosted at Christ’s School.