Within the Mathematics Department we aim to challenge every student to reach their full potential in mathematics.
The mathematics department is staffed by seven fully qualified mathematicians.
- Mr L. Hartnett - Head of Mathematics
- Ms D. Todorinovik - Deputy in Mathematics
- Ms M. Stewart - Leading Practitioner
- Ms S. Powel – Mathematics Teacher
- Mr S. Mitchell - Mathematics Teacher
- Mr S. Bailey - Mathematics Teacher
- Ms S. Chadwick – Mathematics Teacher
The department has its own suite of rooms, with interactive whiteboards and access to a fully equipped ICT area.
KEY STAGE 5
There are three Mathematics groups - two general A-Level Mathematics groups, following Maths modules C1 and C2, with statistics S1, in Year 12 and A2 course Maths modules C3 and C4, with mechanics M1, in Year 13.
There is also one Further Mathematics Group covering Maths modules C1, C2, S1, M1, M2 and FP1 in Year 12, followed by Maths modules C3, C4, FP2, FP3, M3 and either M4 or S2 in Year 13.
The department send a number of selected students to St. Paul's independent school, Master Classes in Mathematics, a two year course .
We also take part in Kingston's University Master Classes in Mathematics, a six week course.
There is also an after school chess club, for those who are keen.
LINKS & RESOURCES
- Fermat’s Last Theorem by Simon Singh
- Cabinet of Mathematical Curiosities by Ian Stewart
- Why Do Buses Come In threes by Rob Eastaway
- Ales’s Adventures in Number Land by Alex Bellos