2019/20 Admissions Consultation
Consultation on Admissions Arrangements for 2019/20
The Governing Body at Christ’s School would like to change the admissions criteria for entry into the School from 2019/20 onwards. The four changes proposed to the criteria are detailed below.
- The Admissions Policy has been split to create two new documents - Admissions Policy for Years 7-11 and Admissions Policy for the Sixth Form. This allows for greater clarity regarding minimum academic entry requirements for Year 12.
- In the Admissions Policy for Year 7-11, The Governing Body proposes adjusting the split of Foundation to Open places from 75 each to 50 Foundation places and 100 Open places. The rationale for this change is two-fold:
- Offering 50 Foundation places provides a more accurate representation of the ratio of Foundation to Open applications that the School has received over the past few years
- Based on analysis of previous Admissions data, reducing the number of Foundation places would extend the home/distance of the initial Open offers significantly, thus reducing uncertainty for a greater number of local families.
- Further clarity has been provided in both policies regarding the requirements for Exceptional Social Medical applications and the duration of employment required for applications made for children of staff.
- The wording in both policies has been simplified to remove duplication and aid understanding.
A copy of the proposed Admissions Policy and supporting Supplementary Information and Ministerial Reference Forms are available to download below. If you would like a paper copy, please email Karen Hindle to request.
The consultation period is six weeks. If you would like to make a comment in support or against this proposal, please email Karen Hindle by Friday 31 January 2017, 5pm, which is the closing date for receipt of comments.
Following this date, the Governing Body will consider all comments and finalise the determined admissions arrangements for 2019/20. These will be published on the School website.
|Admissions Consultation Letter 2019-20||04th Dec 2017||Download|
|Christ's School Admissions Policy 2019-2...||04th Dec 2017||Download|
|Christ's School Sixth Form Admissions Po...||04th Dec 2017||Download|
|Christ's School Christian Foundation Sup...||04th Dec 2017||Download|
|Christ's School Ministerial Reference Fo...||04th Dec 2017||Download|