Sixth Form Entrance Criteria
ENTRANCE CRITERIA 2024 - 2025
Entry into the Sixth Form at Christ's School has minimum academic entry requirements:
- 5 GCSEs at grades 9-5, with an Average Point Score (APS) of 5.0.
- A minimum of Grade 5 in English andGrade 5 in Maths are required, plus a minimum of Grade 6 in the subjects you want to study.
Grade requirements for individual A Levels are as follows:
- Art A Level – GCSE Art grade 6
- Biology A Level – GCSE Biology grade 6, or GCSE Combined Science grade 6-6
- Business BTEC - a minimum of 5.0 APS plus keen interest in the subject area you want to study
- Chemistry A Level - GCSE Chemistry grade 6, or GCSE Combined Science grade 6-6
- Computer Studies A Level - GCSE Computer Studies grade 6
- Drama A Level - GCSE Drama grade 6 or higher, or English grades 6-6 or higher
- Economics A Level – GCSE Maths grade 6 or higher, plus English or a Humanities Subject grade 6
- English Literature A Level – GCSE English grades 6-6
- French A Level – GCSE French grade 6
- Further Maths A Level – GCSE Maths grade 8, plus taking Maths A Llevel
- Geography A Level – GCSE Geography grade 6
- History A Level - GCSE History grade 6
- Maths A Level - GCSE Maths grade 7
- Media Studies A Level - GCSE English grades 6-6
- Music A Level – GCSE Music grade 6 or higher, or proven practical skills at GCSE standard
- Physical Education A Level - GCSE Physical Education grades 6-6
- Physics A Level – GCSE Physics grade 6, or Combined Science grade 6-6, plus taking Maths A Level
- Politics A Level – GCSE English or a Humanities subject grade 6
- Product Design A Llevel – GCSE Product Design grade 6
- Psychology A Level – GCSE Combined Science 6-6, or two grade 6s in Separate Sciences.
- Religious Education A Level – GCSE Religious Education grade 6
- Sociology A Level - GCSE English or a Humanities subject grade 6
- Spanish A Level – GCSE Spanish grade 6
The school reserves the right to review applications where appropriate.
Progression from Year 12 to Year 13
Students must gain at least an E grade in end of year exams in order to progress to year 13 in that subject.