COVID 19 Advice for Students and Families
Please see the Covid-19 advice chart for COVID cases during the Christmas break.
The following advice is taken from the NHS website and Government Guidance
If you have any of the main symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19), get a test as soon as possible. Stay at home until you get the result.
It is imperative that you let us know the result of any positive test.
If your child is going to be absent from school it is important that you contact us to let us know. The best way to do this is via the Edulink One app, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning 0208 940 6982 and leaving a voicemail by pressing option 1.
If your child is self-isolating, we will ask their teachers to set work for them to complete on Google Classroom.
Main symptoms of COVID 19
The main symptoms of coronavirus are:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
Most people with coronavirus have at least 1 of these symptoms.
What to do if you have symptoms
If you have any of the main symptoms of coronavirus:
1. Get a test to check if you have coronavirus as soon as possible.
2. Stay at home and do not have visitors until you get your test result – only leave your home to have a test.
Anyone you live with, and anyone in your support bubble, must also stay at home until you get your result.
When to self-isolate
You must self-isolate immediately if:
- you have any symptoms of coronavirus (a high temperature, a new, continuous cough or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste)
- you've tested positive for coronavirus – this means you have coronavirus
- you live with someone who has symptoms or tested positive
- someone in your support bubble has symptoms or tested positive
- you're told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace
- you arrive in the UK from a country with a high coronavirus risk – see GOV.UK: how to self-isolate when you travel to the UK
If you think you've been in contact with someone who has coronavirus, but you do not have symptoms and have not been told to self-isolate, continue to follow social distancing advice.
If your child has been absent from school due to illness, but has not suffered from COVID symptoms and has NOT been tested they may return to school once they are feeling better.
If you have been tested for COVID 19 you'll get a text or email when your result is ready.
Most people get their test results the day after taking the test. Some results might take longer, but you should get them in 72 hours.
There are 3 types of result you can get:
- unclear, void, borderline or inconclusive
If you do not get your result, call the coronavirus testing contact centre on 119 (England, Wales and Northern Ireland) or 0300 303 2713 (Scotland). The contact centre is open from 7am to 11pm.
You must Stay at home until your test result comes back
If you had a test because you had symptoms, you and anyone you live with must stay at home (self-isolate) until you get your result. Anyone in your household or support bubble must also self isolate until you get your result.
A COVID-19 risk assessment is being maintained and has been approved by the Governing Body at Christ's School
We have resources for students in our Emotional Wellbeing section which can be found here.
|Learning at Home Tips||10th Jun 2020||Download|
|Data Protection Advice||10th Jun 2020||Download|
|Date Protection Advice when learning from home||10th Jun 2020||Download|
|Home Learning Update 17 April 2020||10th Jun 2020||Download|
|Accessing Student's Timetable||10th Jun 2020||Download|
|Google Classroom Guide||10th Jun 2020||Download|
|Year 10 Face to Face Learning Parent Letter||10th Jun 2020||Download|
|Year 12 Face to Face Learning Parent Letter||11th Jun 2020||Download|
|Year 10 Parent Letter||23rd Jun 2020||Download|
|Covid-19 Advice for Families||16th Sep 2020||Download|
|Covid-19 Christmas Advice||14th Dec 2020||Download|