In the Sixth Form, we operate a prefect system adding roles and responsibilities to cover a wider variety of subjects within the school.
Ten members of the Sixth Form make up our Sixth Form Student Leadership Team and hold the following positions of responsibility.
- Head Boy
- Head Girl
- Deputy Head Boy
- Deputy Head Girl
- Heads of House (2 for each house - Turing/ Attenborough/ Dickens/ Elizabeth)
All students will use one period a week to work in a leadership role across the school. This activity should enhance their student passport profile as it will help their own development and provide evidence to show they have acted as role models and young leaders who may have changed and shaped the lives of others at Christ’s.
A key component of our vision for the Sixth Form is that students should play a strong part in the school community. Students will sign up to a leadership activity of their choice, these could include:
- KS3 student support in a subject lesson of their choice
- Leading a sports club
- Coaching and managing a sports team
- Leading or being involved with a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Maths) club
- Leading a house in a drama competition
- A position on the Sixth Form student council
- Supporting reading in Year 7
- Lunchtime support duties (students will receive a free lunch voucher)
- Contributing to school newsletter/sixth form newsletter
- Admin support/ paid jobs within the school